Friday, March 5, 2010

Who's Your Most Famous Facebook Friend?

I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, but I have a pretty cool collection of friends (farmers, army officers, and a beauty pageant director...)   Liberals will be surprised at how "diverse" it is.

I've made some Colorado political friends since writing in support of Ken Buck for Senator,  and I got some interesting friend suggestions.  It was really cool when Jon Caldara accepted a friend request.  I've listened to him for years on the radio.  See also, Jon's excellent blog, The Cauldron, and The Independence Institute.  He's a great advocate for small government.

Coolest of all was when Tom Tancredo and I became Facebook friends.  He's not in elected office anymore, but he's still a powerful conservative voice! His CPAC speech where he suggested a constitution test for voting really spun up the libs.

Now, for some facebook humor.  I wish I could remember where I got this from...

13 comments:

Fredd said...

My only brush with celebrity came when my neighbor gave me court side tickets for USA vs College All Stars basketball game at the Palace in Auburn Hills, when David Robinson of the Olympic 1996 'Dream Team' took the ball for an inbounds play and a drip of his sweat hit my arm.

Jealous?

Silverfiddle said...

Good one! I am not a celebrity chaser. In fact, I don't think I've ever met anyone famous. I was just looking for something light for a Friday.

Leticia said...

My famous FB friend is Christian author Tricia Goyer. She is fantastic.

Endo_2011 said...

I'm friends with some guy name Kurt!

famous enough!

Silverfiddle said...

WMUR: Infamous would be more like it!

Fredd said...

Another 'famous' exchange (if you can call it that): I had arranged to meet my roommate in 1990 at where she worked in Studio City, CA to pick up Lakers tickets for a playoff game vs Phoenix Suns, but I wasn't allowed onto the grounds, so I stood at the exit. One of the cars exiting at the gate was a Jeep, and its driver was Sam Elliot (you know, the western actor with the great mustache); I recognized him, was star struck, and he looked at me and saw me gaping at him, he nodded, and I nodded back.

Yup, brush with greatness.

Jealous?

Silverfiddle said...

You live an exciting life, Fredd. I know I couldn't keep up...

Snarky Basterd said...

Man, I have to admit my eyes are going and your image is a bit blurry. Don't worry, someone else I visited tonight had a FB shot that I couldn't read either.

I. Am. Getting. Old.

Silverfiddle said...

No Snarky, it is really small. You've got to pop it open to read it.

Oso said...

My brush with celebrity was walking by Eddie Murphy when they were filming "Beverly Hills Cop" outside the Biltmore Hotel in downtown LA, him taking the sandwiches to the stakeout cops.

Passed right by him after the scene. Little guy maybe 5'6".

I'm sure he remembers our encounter too, boasting to his friends he saw that lefty blogger Oso one time and he was a tall MF at least 5'11"!

Silverfiddle said...

That's funny, Oso! He's really that short?

I did meet a celebrity years ago. I met Lee Greenwood briefly in Panama right before the invasion, and I met Piero in South America. Nobody up here knows who he is, so I guess that don't count. It impressed my Colombian and Ecuadorean friends though!

Snarky Basterd said...

I did pop it open ... still can't read it.

Oh, and as for famous people I follow on FB, I had have to say Breitbart, with a couple of famous bloggers and writers a close second.

BTW: Just sent you a friend request on FB. Man you need a haircut.

Silverfiddle said...

I got one. Oh, I forgot. You're also the bad friggin' hair guy!

Post a Comment