Sunday, October 24, 2010

Random Political Notes from Out West


Well, I bubbled in my ballot last night while chugging some red wine and listening to 70's music.  The Quiet Magpie's post on Suzi Quatro singing Stumblin' In got my nostalgia going.  Seems I wasn't the only one in love with her as a kid.  She's all mine, Magpie!  Back off!

I didn't vote straight Republican this time, thanks to GOP failure for Governor Dan Maes. The failed tea party candidate is sinking below 10% in the polls but refuses to get out, hurting Tom Tancredo's chances to beat Van Jones fanboy John Chickenlooper, who is mayor of the sanctuary city of Denver.

Got a Spanish language flyer in the mail today asking if we were voting and wanting us to fill the card out and send it back.  Another Hispanic family on the block was the only other house that got one, so the libs are targeting Latinos who have strayed from the liberal plantation...

The Department of Health and Human Services notified us someone will be coming around to question us about who-the-hell-knows-what.  They bribed us with $30 of taxpayer money for each person in the house who responds.  They'll be getting a big faceful of front door when they come knockin' at Casa de Silverfiddle.

We actually have a man named Doc Holiday running for county sheriff.  Some cat named Bob Bux is running for coroner unopposed.  He should be running for treasurer...

Tom Tancredo Can Win This Thing! 

Tancredo is now tied with Obama of the Rockes, John cHickenlooper in the race of Governor of Colorado!

Tom Tancredo, Great American and a Great Coloradan, is leading in polling among the state's Hispanics, who are tired of illegal immigrants who get drunk and kill people giving all Hispanics a bad name. Tom is a Facebook friend of mineStop by and post some words of encouragement on his wall!

12 comments:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Hey Silver,

I viewed a video recently of that looper dude, my God what a waste of human flesh!

It only took a couple of second's of viewing to make my want to just kick the living shit outta this guy just because!

What the hell is in the water in Denver???????

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

p.s.,,,

Suzi was mine first so hands off dude! She is a native from my neck of the woods.

Silverfiddle said...

There's a lot of federal money flowing into Denver, so liberal statism runs high there.

According to Aussie Magpie, Suzi is still quite popular in Australia and does gigs there...

Brooke said...

OK, I just can't get past the fact that you've got a Doc Holiday running for sheriff! Bwaahaahaaaaa!!!

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Silver,

Liberal statism be damned, I'd bet Bob Beckel thinks the same way about looper dude as I do!

The 'guy' is a panty waste, he makes Barney Frank look manly?

Silverfiddle said...

You wanna see something that'll make you sick?

Go here and see cHickenlooper gush all over his man crush Van Jones:

http://westernhero.blogspot.com/2010/07/mile-high-miscarriage-of-justice.html

WomanHonorThyself said...

wine and 70's music..sounds good to me Silver! heh:)

Maggie Thornton said...

Silverfiddle, I would have voted for Tancredo in a hot minute, had I had a chance. Dittos for Duncan Hunter.

I love Tancredo. I love to hear him talk and even Fox is on my last nerve with they interview him.

I WILL send him so encouragement.

Those bribes, postcards and HHS "questions" - appalling. I do hope these morons show up at your door.

Your opinion that Tancredo can pull this out makes my day! Great post!

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I gotta be honest with you, SF. Tancredo's speech at CPac kind of turned me off (it sounded like he was advocating for some sort of literacy test to vote). But, now that I know that he may be in favor of legalizing marijuana, I may have to give him a second look or two.

Silverfiddle said...

He also advocated printing the test in the newspaper or on-line. The press made it sound like some kind of secret WASP test. His "bomb Mecca" comments had everyone howling as well, but the governor of Colorado doesn't have the authority to bomb other countries.

He's a native, he understand the state and out politics, he would make a great governor.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I forgot about the bombing Mecca line. LOL Yeah, you're right. He definitely won't have access to the red button in Denver (of course, if he did, he'd probably be blowing up the Broncos, right? 59-14).

Silverfiddle said...

What an ugly game that was...

Post a Comment