Sunday, April 4, 2010

Gracias a la Vida



Life is beautiful.  Watch the movie by Roberto Benigni and you will see that life is often beautiful in unexpected and bittersweet ways.

I've been reading Viktor Frankl, and it always puts me in a pensive but hopeful mood.

A few quotes from Viktor Frankl:
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."


"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

We live in the most beautiful, most free, most generous country in the world.  I thank God every day for my family, my job, and my life.

I am Thankful for my Life
We got back from church, had our easter egg hunt as I checked the ribs I had smoking.  I blasted out some Mercedes Sosa (QDEP).  One of the most touching songs she sings is "Gracias a la Vida," loosely translated "Thank You to Life," written by Violeta Parra (QDEP).  It is a deeply beautiful song where she sings about life's simple pleasures and how she is so grateful for them.

This version features both Mercedes Sosa and Violeta Parra and has some cool scenes from South America.  Makes me wish I was there again:


5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Sounds as if you had a beautiful day.

This year, Mr. AOW is housebound (due to his stroke of 6 months ago). We stayed home. We did have one invitation out, but passed on it as getting out of the house is so difficult for my husband.

Still, Mr. AOW's having come back from the jaws of death does make us appreciate life more - even if life isn't very good right now for both of us.

Snarky Basterd said...

What a good day, Kurt. Happy Easter.

WomanHonorThyself said...

happy HOLIDAYS my friend ~!:)

Silverfiddle said...

Thanks for stopping by!

AOW: Mr AOW needs you: He gives your life meaning. Two people who love each other. I hope you realize how fortunate you both are. I will pray for your husband's continued recovery.

LSP said...

That was a very uplifting post; happy Easter and God bless!

Post a Comment